SCARPIDIS design is a boutique downtown New York based multidisciplinary design firm fusing architecture, interior design, furniture design, lighting design and art into one bespoke experience thoughtfully crafted around our clients’ dreams. We are currently seeking to hire a junior interior architectural designer in NY.
This position works closely with our senior designer and project manager as a supporting staff member in performing professional services and producing deliverable's for high end residential and boutique commercial and hospitality projects. The responsibilities would include developing designs, drafting, renderings, mood boards, CAD drawings, materials and furniture sourcing as well as to maintain project documentation. We offer great overall experience that starts as a 3 month internship which has a monthly stipend of $500 which transitions our candidates into their yearly salary employee position. The yearly salary ranges from 25 to 45k pending on each interns evaluation. This position would be that of project manager of one or several projects pending the scope and phase of each project. Receiving the internship would mean receiving the yearly salary position as well.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BA/BS in Architecture, Interior Architecture or Interior Design required with zero to two years’ experience at an architecture or interior design firm, with related high end residential, commercial or hospitality work.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, MS Office Suite, Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchup, In Design and Rhino and or 3d Max is required.
- An important aspect of this position is having a discerning eye for design. Interest in and knowledge of high end residential design is preferred.
- A range of conceptual and technical design skill sets yet with a strong tendency towards design and conceptualization.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English required.
The ideal candidate will be team oriented and an excellent communicator, self-motivated, and comfortable in a collaborative and dynamic work environment. Construction document experience is a preferred but not required. Please note what type of experience you have. If you are interested in accumulating IDP hours we would not be the right match for you.